Friday, February 5, 2016

You're Enough

“We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love.” ~Lori Deschene

You are enough.
All of you. The parts you like. The parts you don't. The gifts you have. Those you never will. When waves land on beaches and you decide you should be the ocean. When you are the ocean, but decide you should be the mountains. In your doubts. In your fears.
All of it. You are enough.

You are enough. The stories you whisper only to yourself. Those you have spoken in courage. The ones you can't yet because sometimes there isn't breath. In your messiness. In your beauty.
All of it. You are enough.

You are enough.
All the things you want, but haven't dared, haven't spoken, or worse, have spoken and someone laughed. The wants you're flippant about when really you're not. The wants you hold deep inside yourself, wants caged behind your ribs. In those times you stand up. In those moments you sit down.
All of it. You are enough.

You are enough.
When people arrive in your life. When you have found your tribe. When you are still searching to belong. Even after all these years. When you are alone. When others don't understand you. When people walk out, walk-in or walk through you. When people leave gaping holes. Especially then. Still.
You are enough.


Maybe you need to hear it. Maybe you need to speak it.
I know I do.
In all of it.
You are enough.

15 comments:

  1. Argh ... this is my arch enemy, my shampoo in the eyes, my nails down the blackboard! I soooo struggle with believing I am enough. Some days I cruise along firmly believing this, others I just wake up - my own enemy - demanding more, believing I am less. Some days I nod my head at this thinking "yep", then its gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! One million times, me too. And Miss Julie, you ARE enough. Xx and a huge blessing in my life.

      Delete
  2. You are enough. More than enough, I suspect. Thank you for this reminder to cherish ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! And a much needed reminder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Your words mean a lot to me. Always have x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant expression of a universal feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very powerful! And so true. In the end, all that really matters is what WE think of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in sync. I posted about this too and love love love your empowering words. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your writing Tabitha. Its very powerful.
    Congratulations, you won the query critique giveaway with Agent Liza Fleissig on my blog. Drop me a email and I will give you Liza's email id and also alert her about the winner.

    ReplyDelete