(My youngest when he was little- someone else who loves the written word... or is that his toes?)
Ahhh writing. Let me count the ways I love thee.
- for making me embrace rejection- I love thee
- for forcing me to strip back the crap and write it real- I love thee
- for providing me with the term 'writer's block' so I don't have to say 'I'm afraid'- I love thee
- for introducing me to twitter, blogger, facebook and many other ways to avoid a blank page I must fill- I love thee
- for being my best excuse to be alone- I love thee
- for helping me understand my own thoughts- I love thee
- for all the lessons in humility (including the time I thought my first book was ready to query)- I love thee
- for expanding my horizons to include like minded people so I no longer question my sanity- I love thee
- for the sheer excitement of finishing 87,000 words without having burnt every dinner, neglecting the dog, forgetting where I put the children or filing for divorce- I love thee
- for daily giving me reason to push through my limitations- I love thee
11. for being the vehicle through which I am seen, known and understood- I love thee
Happy valentines Day all :)
What about you? Tell me about what you love?
PS- Thank you to those who came by and left there best wishes when I was having a difficult Friday. I appreciate you all.