- The wonderful Jayna Haws of Friend of a Friend Blog Designs has done a wonderful job redesigning my little space of Internet over here. We worked together over the weekend using my photography and Jayna's html know how to pull off something that I am truly happy with. So, to celebrate....
- As a huge thanks to Jayna and a special thanks to my wonderful readers here (that's you!) I am offering a free blog design by Jayna. That's right, FREE. You get your blog pimped and I'll pay. You pay NOTHING!
- Leave me a comment in this post with your email address so I can contact you if you win. I will select one winner at random. Competition closes this Wednesday. Check back here on Wednesday for the winner.
WHY A WRITER NEEDS A PROFESSIONAL LOOKING BLOG.
- If you are a writer then your blog is a show case for you and your work. You put time and effort into those posts. Why not have a great space to display them?
- First impressions count. Sorry, but it IS about judging a book by its cover when it comes to blog looks. Agents and editors frequently check out potential clients' blogs. That should be enough to scare you into having a reasonably presentable blog. :)
- Your blog is apart of your 'branding' as an author. Your blog says YOU. It should be something that gives us a feel for what you write and/or post about. It should also inspire people to stay awhile and check out your work. Example, if you write edgy YA, and you keep a blog to build a readership, then think about what kind of look your target audience is likely to appreciate.
The whole look of my blog cost $30! Yes, you read that right! What are you waiting for? Go and check out Jayna's services at http://friendofafrienddesigns.blogspot.com/
or email her at jaynahaws[at]yahoo[dot]com to get your blog looking truly fantastic!
Don't forget to enter my comp. Good luck all!