I made a monumental error in mummy judgement. In my defense, I was tired and the boys (2 & 6), were happily watching a DVD.... time for a short rest on the bed?
( I know. I know.)
And for five minutes there was silence.
I was just stretching out when sounds of rustling and cupboards banging reached my ear. And then came the giggling....
And I discovered that...
1. when two boys are playing, silence means they have discovered something.
2.when two boys are playing giggling means you should quickly go discover what it is that they have discovered.
3. Happy is made up of simple things.
My boys found a roll of trash bags and... well, the photo tells the rest of the story.
I thought I'd share, because today sucked, and I need to remember where happiness lives.
So here's my list of five simple things that take me straight to happy every time.
1. butterflies, dragonflies, things that fly...
2. been awoken by rain in the middle of the night
3. the silence of snow falling ( I haven't always lived in sunny Australia :)
4. letting myself be held
5. and my giggling boys...yes, even when they unravel the trash bags.
What about you? Where does your Happy live?