Amazing writer and all round fantastic friend of mine WENDY is hosting a great contest on her blog.
I have posted it here so you can go check it out and join in the fun.
click her to go direct to her blog
FROM WENDY'S BLOG:
It's the day we've all been waiting for, at least, I have! Competition day!
Now, I've never done this before, so bear with me.
First, the prizes! Starting with,First Prize!
- 1 Gypsy Bronze puffed heart pendant
- 1 paperback copy of Melissa Marr's latest book, "Radiant Shadows."
- I bag of yummy Pineapple Lumps.
This is a truly awesome, Gypsy Bronze heart pendant. It's substantial and feels weighty in your hand. It's also a hollow, puffed heart, which the photo doesn't show very well. It comes on a satin ribbon, measures approx 3cm (erm - an inch and a bit) at it's widest point.
About Gypsy Bronze:
Gypsy Bronze is a fantastic alternative to real gold, it is solid, so therefore will not chip off like cheap gold plated jewelry. If it gets a bit dull, just give it a good polish with silver cleaning cloth and it will be as good as new!
This prize is very dear to my heart (pun sort of intended), because it contains elements of my newly complete book, Encore. The grains have a lot to do with one of my main characters (I'll share it with the winner, but as you know, I'm kinda superstitious about these things), my story is a love story (the heart) and the Gypsy part is kind of important too.
- 1 Gypsy Bronze heart pendant (as above).
- A copy of Lemony Snicket's book, Horseradish. It's not a story, it's a collection of quotes from Lemony Snicket's books, and it's hilarious.
- Also, a packet of Pascal Pineapple Lumps!
- A paperback copy of Carrie Ryan's "The Forest of Hands and Teeth." This is an unread copy, but it did get lost for a couple of months and so is not in absolutely new looking condition. It has the UK cover, not the more familiar US cover, same wonderful story inside!
- Also, you guessed it, a packet of Pineapple Lumps!
- One packet of Pascal Pineapple Lumps and one Nestle Milo Bar! Double the yummy!
So, now, what do you have to do to enter?
- Be a follower of this blog + 1 Entry.
- If you're already a follower before this contest +1 extra Entry.
- Follow me on Twitter + 1 Entry.
- Mention this contest on your blog, Twitter, facebook, myspace, etc +1 Entry for the first mention in each site (you won't get a hundred entries for posting a hundred times in the one place, although I will really like you if you do, and really, what price friendship, people?). These must be accounts where people are actually going to see it, with actual friends/followers etc.
- Have a friend follow me on either Twitter or this blog, get them to mention your name in the comments of this post or in a tweet, +1 entry for you from each new follower (I will keep track of these and add them to the totals you give me in the comments).
- Post in the comments and tell me what your total number of entries is. (excluding from referrals, I will calculate those myself).
- You must post in the comments here (on Wendy's blog) with your total, or I won't know.
Wendy will pick a winner using a random number generator next Monday 10pm (NZ Time - that's Monday, 6am US EST -- I have researched!).
The contest is open to anyone anywhere. While She'll have difficulty posting to Saturn, Wendy will do her best.
There you go, her first contest... have at it!
SO GET GOING! Go follow her blog :) Go enter the comp. :)