None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to the whisper that is heard by him alone.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hearing that whisper takes time and then steel determination. When the moon whispers it is nothing more than the glint of small light off the waves of possibility, a thin thread, a path through thorns. No one ever got to the top of anything and said, "Wow, that was easier than I thought it was going to be." The reverse is true. All dreams have a price and it is usually much higher than we ever expected to pay... or ever expected we could pay.
So it is no small thing to discover someone who has heard their dreams and followed.
I am constantly amazed and humbled by the writing talent out here in blogging world and I cannot let this year go by without shouting out some of these wonderful people. The following is not a comprehensive list, just a list of those bloggers I follow or am connected with whose path inspires me to never never stop hoping.
1. Katie Ganshert from her self title blog katieganshert has had a massive end to her year. On November 11th she landed none other than the fabulous literary agent Rachelle Gardner from Word Serve Literary. Check out her post on THE CALL here. Her novel is currently sitting with 'acquisitions people' at a publishing house. I wish her the very best in placing that book and can't wait to hear details of a signed contract with the right publishing house and the books' upcoming release date. She is proof that full time motherhood and teaching cannot stop a writer who wants to :)
2.Elana Johnson also from a self titled blog (maybe I should self title mine?) elanajohnson also ended her year with a bang. She landed literary agent Michelle Anderlman of Lynn C. Franklin Associates in Nov 2009. Congrats and I look forward to details of the books' release date :)
3.Caroline from carolinebyline took a massive leap of faith this year and quit her day job to pursue her love of children's writing. The gamble paid off big time, this year she landed Michelle Humphrey of Sterling Lord Literistic. I wish May.B all the best as she goes on submission. You inspire me girl!
4. K.M. Weildland of WordPlay released yet another fantastic historical novel this year. Behold the Dawn was released Oct 1st 2009. Congrats Katie! All reports are that the book is doing wonderfully. And a special thank you for being the first author who took me up on an offer of an interview when I had like 13 followers :) Keep those books coming girl.
5. Lisa and Laura from Lisa and Laura Write (two sisters who totally crack me up btw. How can you not support anyone who wears pink Ugg boots?) also had a great end to a massive year. In March of this year they signed with the fabulous Catherine Drayton of Inkwell Management. AND then followed that up in Oct by selling their amazing novel 'The Haunting of Pemberly Brown' to Source Books. It will be available for release in Spring 2010! Congrats girls and I can't wait to by the book. Did I mention I was available for a blog tour? :)
6. Sarah from Sarah with a Chance definitely had a chance and proved it by signing with agent Suzie Townsend of Fineprint Lit. Congrats Sarah. The blog break up worked fine then, hey? Oh, and I just got word from the itunes people. They care. Really. They are sending Twizzlers your way :)
7. Karen from Following the Whispers followed her dreams all the way to publication. She release her memoir titled Following the Whispers earlier this year. The book has done very well and placed as a finalist in the New Mexico Book Awards. Karen you are testament to the truth of happiness in spite of pain. Keep on singing! And all the best with that new WIP. And thanks for the mentoring this year. My writing thanks you too :)
8. Erica Vetsch from On The Write Path released another new book this year, The Bartered Bride AND signed with fab agent Rachelle Gardner. Congrats on both the book and that wonderful and very busy agent :)
9. Jody Hedlund from the self titled blog jodyhedlund also signed with Rachelle Gardner from Word Serve Literary. Her historical novel sold to Bethany House in a three book deal, the first of which, The Preacher's Bride, is due for release in 2010. Her blog is an open diary to the world of publication and a wealth of direction and encouragement. Congrats girl and thank you for the open look at the path to publication.
10. Carrie or CKHB as she is better known from Heim Binas Fiction has out on request a full manuscript, and she is currently doing deals with the universe for the agent to offer representation and later for a book deal. Carrie is an honest, tell-it-like-it-is blogger who never ceases to get me thinking. I wish you all the very best with both the agent and the universe. Please let me know if you need ideas for tattoo designs :)
I am also aware of two other bloggers and friends who have request for full manuscripts currently sitting with the agents of their dreams. Though I am not at liberty to name these people, can I just say I admire both of you (I think you know who you are) and I am chatting with The Big Guy on your behalves :)
All the best and I can't wait to shout both of you out in the VERY near future.
If I follow your blog, but I missed your great news this year I apologize. Please, please list yourselves in the comments section.
So What about you? What is your claim to fame for the 2009 year? And don't say you don't have one. If you managed to keep writing this year and have not yet trashed your dreams or pulled all your hair out then THAT COUNTS! :) Let me know what you got up to!
PS- please forgive me if I am absent from some blogs this month. Things are a little crazy with packing and moving into a new house by the 23d of DEC with two small children under foot, but I am trying to visit as many blogs as I can :)