Friday, July 31, 2009

Up Coming author Interview


Deborah Vogts author of Snow Melts in Spring

This coming Monday I will be posting an interview with author. Deborah Vogts. Her debut novel Snow Melts in Spring was released by Zondervan in June 2009 and is the first in a series of four novels that will make up the Seasons of the Tallgrass.

In her interview Deborah shares her insights as writer and talks about pitfalls and encouragements along the path to publishing.


"Deborah Vogts knows her horses; and she knows the human heart. In Snow Melts in Spring we’re introduced to a new, warm and discerning author’s voice unveiled by the landscape of Kansas and of the hills and valleys of wounded souls. I kept turning pages late into the night and anxiously await the next book in the Seasons of the Tallgrass series. I hope you will too." - Jane Kirkpatrick, award-winning author of A Flickering Light.

Check back on Monday for the full interview.

Enjoy the weekend all. Hope your Friday pans out better than mine. The contract that Matt and I had on our very first house, one I happened to love more than I probably should have, appears to have fallen through. We won't hear definitively until Monday, but all reports lead us to believe that we have picked the worse possible time in history to try to convince banks and insurers that our small business can cover a home loan. What can you do, hey?

I'm off to lick my wounds...

7 comments:

  1. Oooo! I'm super excited for the interview. I've heard about this book and look forward to reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. Hope you have a good weekend too. Sorry to hear about your contract. This economy SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw Deborah's TV interview! It's been fun and eye-opening to get to see how she markets and promotes her new book series! I'll look forward to your interview with her on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments. I hope you all enjoy the interview. Thanks for your condolences stephanie. Yep, the economy sucks :) But I am feeling better about life today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see Deborah's interview!

    I'm so sorry about your house. ;-( My hubby is a realtor. These are def. tough times.

    ReplyDelete