Saturday, July 4, 2009

Congrats Matt!

This post has nothing whatsoever to do with anything even remotely book related, but I just want to say a HUGE congrats to my man, Matt. He has just finished competing in the Gold Coast Half Marathon (Australia) where he ran the 21.5 kms in an impressive 2hr 20mins (Well, I am impressed anyway!)
Well done, Matt! I am fiercely proud of you.

This was always something he dreamed of doing 'one day' and, like a lot of 'one days' on the list of things we want to do before the alarm clock of life goes off, he never thought to seriously about it. But in the last couple of years he has taken up running, even inspiring me to get involved, and can pretty consistently be found jogging ridiculous kilometers at insane times of the morning. We have two kids and he owns his own business, so running is something he has really had to fit around his life. He has listened to plenty of his mates say, 'I don't have time for that.' All I have to say is, 'nor does Matt'. That's why he runs at either 4am and 9pm. He constantly inspires me to be who I want to be and 'find time' for the things in life that I want to pursue and I can't tell ya all how proud I am to be his wife. In the eleven yeas we have been married we have been through a fair bit together and he has consistently supports me.

So this post is for you, Matt. Well done on ticking the half marathon off your 'one day' list. I can't wait to see what you'll have your sights set on next. But I'll be cheering you on.

And, no, for those of you who are wondering, I didn't run the half marathon. 10kms is probably about my limit! Right now anyway...

4 comments:

  1. Go Matt, can't say I would be keen to be out running at 4am. I prefer to see the back of my eyelids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, me too shell. Although I am happy to run late at night :) Thank God where we live is safe and well lit- and Matt knows my route. When we lived in Denver Matt used to run in the snow! Mad man I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to your comment Shell???

    ReplyDelete